#CyberHeadlines: Cyber Security Assurance Report Card
Tenable Network Security’s 2017 Global Cybersecurity Assurance Report Card
In partnership with CyberEdge Group, Tenable Network Security published 2017 Global Cyber Security Assurance Report Card, in follow up to last year’s report. In this most recent report, they were not looking for actual effectiveness of solutions, but rather attitudes and outlooks of people about their cyber security readiness. Here are some of the most interesting stats:
- Respondents asked to rate their organizations’ ability to assess security risk,s associated with 10 different IT components, is down 12% from last year.
- The biggest drop in risk assessment was web applications, falling 18 points from 80%(B-) in 2016 to 62%(D-) in 2017
- Japan was the least confident with an overall score of 48%(F)
- Education and Government remained at the bottom, both with D’s
- Retail came in the top spot for overall assurance, however only had a score of 76%(C) what does this mean for the state of cyber security?
- US came in second place with an overall score of 70%(C-) a 2 point drop from last year; India being at the top with a final score of 73%(C)
You can find the entire report here: http://www.tenable.com/lp/2017-global-cybersecurity-assurance-report-card/
CyberTraining 365 is an online academy that offers nearly 1,000 hours of relevant and cutting edge cyber security training. Our training provides the most in demand industry certification prep courses including EC-Council, CompTIA, (ISC)2 and Cisco; all taught by leading cyber security experts. All of our offerings are aligned with the national initiative for cyber security education (NICE) and ensure the most up-to-date information for this constantly shifting field. With engaging content in a scenario-based format, CyberTraining 365 uses bite-sized micro-learning methodology ensures learners are not overwhelmed with information. On Demand LMS platform has white-label capabilities ideal for internal training purposes.